3 Mexican food recipes to prepare at home
Mexican cuisine is characterized by being one of the most extensive and varied in the world. Here are some of their most traditional recipes, which are very simple to prepare at home:
Mole de Olla
For 5 people
• 500 g of Beef cut into pieces
• 250 g of pork Chamorro cut into pieces
• 250 g of Chambarete cut into pieces
• 40 g chiles anchos roasted and soaked in ½ cup vinegar
• 250 g of White Onion
• 15 g of garlic cloves
• 500 g of pumpkin cut into 4 parts
• 1 kg of sliced corn
• 30 g of epazote branch
• 40 ml Corn oil
• 2.5 liters Beef broth
For the garnish:
• 125 g of chopped white onion
• 50 g of chopped coriander leaves
• 50 g of epazote leaves
1. In hot oil fry the meat. Reserve.
2. Grind the chiles with the garlic and onion, and add the mixture to the meat combination. Cook in oil over medium heat.
3. Remove excess broth and let cook over low heat.
4. In the middle of the cooking process add the vegetables and keep covered until the vegetables are cooked.
5. Serve with the garnish.
Chiles poblanos anchos stuffed with cheese:
For 4 people
• 250 g of chile poblano
• 150 g of chile ancho
• 120 g of Chihuahua cheese
• 120 g of Oaxaca Cheese
For the weathered:
• 180 g of Egg
• 30 g flour
For the caldillo:
• 600 g of tomato (Jitomate)
• 50 g Onion
• 20 g of Garlic
• 750 ml of Water
• 30 ml olive oil
• 1 g of Laurel leaves
• 2 g of Chicken Granulate
• 50 ml of tomato puree
• 1 g of Clove
• 1 g Cinnamon stick
• 5 pieces Sticks
• Ground pepper
1. Poach the chile poblano, put in a plastic bag for 10 minutes, remove the skin, carefully cut through the softest part, remove the seed, rinse and dry.
2. Soak the chile ancho in hot water for 7 minutes. Cut in the same way and remove the filament, fill with the cheeses and put together with a stick. Pass them through the flour.
1. In a bowl, beat the egg whites to nougat, add salt and yolks one by one. Pass the chile on the weathered and fry on all sides.
Drain on absorbent paper.
1. Blend garlic, onion, and tomato with water, strain. Fry in oil, add the rest of the ingredients.
2. Season and boil for 10 minutes. Rectify seasoning.
3. Serve a chile stuffed with the caldillo.
4. Decorate with a parsley branch.
5. Accompany with white rice.
Merengues with strawberry
For 4-6 person
• 8 egg whites.
• 1/4 cup of sugar.
• 2 drops of red vegetable dye.
• 1/4 cup of glass sugar or impalpable sugar.
For the sauce:
• 8 sliced strawberries, washed and disinfected.
• 1/4 cup of sugar.
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
1. Beat the egg whites and when they begin to rise, add the sugar little by little and while still beating.
2. Add the dye and beat until the mixture is pink and firm.
3. Put the mix in a pastry bag with a curly nozzle, put portions on a tray lined with greased aluminum foil and sprinkle the glass sugar or impalpable.
4. Bake, in a preheated oven, for 45 minutes at 120 ° C or until the meringues are firm; turn off the oven and do not take out the tray until they cool; detach them carefully.
To make the sauce:
1. Heat the strawberries with the sugar and 1/4 cup of water, when the sugar dissolves, add the lemon juice and remove.
2. Blend the above until you achieve a homogeneous mixture, pour into a bowl and bathe the meringues at the time of serving.