Avocado is a tropical fruit (although it is often used as a vegetable) widely used in Mexican food. It is creamy, very nutritious, contains many vitamins very beneficial for our body; exquisite and very versatile flavor, which is why it is used in different types of recipes in our kitchen.
Its scientific name is "Persea Americana" and it is a tree species. It is considered native to Mexico, Venezuela, and Colombia.
Why is avocado so cool?
It is considered a very interesting fruit, due to a large number of health benefits that gives us, in addition to its properties, it is an exceptional ally for skin and hair care. This is due to the vitamins that it has to favor our body, internal and external way.
Among the vitamins found in avocado, we can find calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium, which favor the proper functioning of the nervous and muscular system. We also help strengthen the immune system, due to the carotenoids and lutein we contribute, to improve the health of the small intestine and to prevent fluid retention.
The vitamins (A, C, D, E K, and B3) that it possesses allowed it to be considered as an antioxidant that protects the cardiovascular, neurological, eyesight and bones system. Here are 7 reasons why avocado is a very cool fruit:
1) It helps protect the heart. The amount of good fats that avocado has is a great nutritional contribution to keep the heart healthy, reduce bad cholesterol levels and can increase good cholesterol by a percentage, help control blood pressure, reduce the risk of strokes and allows the heart to remain healthy and full of strength.
2) It contains anti-inflammatory properties. It is recommended as an anti-inflammatory that benefits the joints since due to its acid and vitamin E content it helps the body repair the cartilage.
3) Help to avoid malformations during pregnancy. It prevents birth defects due to its folic acid content, which is why it is recommended in the diet of pregnant women. In the same way, it is always important to take into account that during the gestation period the doctor should be consulted about food intake.
4) It helps to lose weight. Avocado helps control appetite for its contribution of soluble and insoluble fibers that produces a sense of satisfaction. It also regulates blood sugar levels and helps decrease the anxiety of eating. Its content of monounsaturated fat and active proteins in the body to prevent the activation of insulin and, therefore, this calms the feeling of hunger.
5) Regularize intestinal transit. It helps in the cleaning of the intestine thanks to its fiber content and its fats help to lubricate it. In this way, this fruit is recommended for people suffering from constipation.
6) It helps the absorption of other nutrients. It helps absorb iron, because of its vitamin content of folic acid, and its fats can help the body absorb nutrients that vegetables contain, so it is recommended to combine it with salads.
7) It is a good anti-aging method. Being an antioxidant fruit, it helps protect and keep your skin and hair healthy. Thanks to its texture and constitution it is used in masks. It softens the skin, helps maintain elasticity and stimulates the production of collagen, helps prevent the formation of wrinkles, as well as repair and nourish the hair fiber.
With all these reasons it is shown that avocado is a unique fruit, although it is always appropriate to remember that it has gained its fame for being one of the main ingredients of Mexican food, which also makes it very fresh. So there are plenty of reasons to include it in your daily diet, either in your own recipes, or some dish of Aztec cuisine.